Comfort in Labor Class
Saturday, April 23, 2016
9 am - 5 pm
Discover how to have the best birth experience possible! This fun, interactive one-day workshop is full of useful information and techniques that will help you feel prepared, relaxed, and confident going into childbirth.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Preparing mind, body and spirit for childbirth
- Creating a calming birth environment, wherever you are
- Your birth support team, and how they can help
- Relaxation techniques and birth affirmations
- Packing your birth bag
- How to know if you're in labor, and what to expect
- Orgasmic birth - is that really a thing?!
- Labor and birthing positions - what works best?
- Comfort methods - aromatherapy, massage, counterpressure, water, Rebozo, meditation and visualization, breathing styles, mental techniques
- Troubleshooting common labor scenarios - posterior babies, stalled labor, start and stop labor
- Labor simulation - putting it all together
Registration covers attendance for the pregnant person as well as one support person (partner, friend, doula, etc.)